By using Sport Premium money for resources, we have been able to provide a wide range of OSHL provision and extra-curricular opportunities, including:
33 clubs, 21 clubs of which are PE/health related.
Further opportunities include: Smoothie Bike Challenge, Change4Life festival, the Frank Chapman residential, Skip-Hop workshop, Your Sport sponsored shoot out, Handball Festival, Halas Home open day visit, Year 5 playground leader training, Street dance workshop and the Winning Mentality programme.
During 2014/15, we took part in 14 inter-school competitions which included 21 teams in total, both showing an increase from the previous year. More children have been involved including high ability/talented children. However, we have also ensured that our less able, less confident, less active children have also had the opportunity to take part in inter-school competitions. This year, for the first time, 100% of the year 6 children have been involved in inter-school competition. Furthermore, we increased the number of opportunities at key stage 1 by entering two multi-skills competitions. For year 3/4 children, entering tennis and golf tournaments and the Change4Life Festival, opportunities have also increased for them.
Successes in inter-school competitions include:
- winners of the Windsor rounders tournament
- joint winners of the Year 3/4 Handball festival
- winning 4 medals at the Huntingtree athletics competition (1 gold, 1 silver and 2 bronze). Of the 28 events, we had 18 finalists.
- an individual 2nd in the boys Cross Country Championships at Newfield Park
- a team 3rd for the girls in the Cross Country Championships at Newfield Park
- a team 2nd for the boys in the Cross Country Championships at Newfield Park
- joint 3rd in the Year 5/6 Dudley Schools Gymnastics competition
- semi-finalists in the High 5 netball tournament at Windsor.